Are you Jewish and would like to travel to South America but are afraid to do it alone? Don’t worry, there are many great websites out there to assist a Jewish person with a fabulous trip to South America. Here are some of the popular sites available to help your vacation dreams come true:
- Amazing Journeys: this website is offering an exclusive cruise that will be sailing from December 22 til January 6th, 2008. The elegant cruise ship will set sell from Valparaiso, Chile, with its final destination being the tip of South America where the Pacific and Atlantic oceans meet.
- AJ Congress International Travel Programs: This travel company is offering a fourteen-day package called “Jewish South America.” The journey will begin in Buenos Aires, where Jewish sites, Tango dancing and Argentinian historical monuments will be visited. For the second part of the tour, the Iguazu Falls and Brazil will be discovered by visitors.
- Momentum Tours: this tour agency offers a fifteen-day tour that begins in Brazil. There you will learn about the culture, Jewish influence and the sensual dances. Later, Buenos Aires and Bariloche, Argentina are explored. The tour ends in Santiago, Chile.
- AJC Panama Tour: this is run by the American Jewish Congress, the same company that runs the fourteen-day Argentina-Brazil tour (above). This is an eight-day tour where the wildlife and natural setting of Panama is discovered. The old Panama City, the canal, and an indigenous Indian village will be visited. The tour concludes with a relaxing weekend at a luxury resort and spa.
- Totally Jewish Travel: this company has set up a tour that travels from January 16th until the 30th. The tour will take you through Brazil, concentrating on the magnificent nature, the culture and a dynamic Jewish community. From Brazil, the travel moves to Argentina. The tour will finish in southern Patagonia. This trip includes travel from New York, modern and reliable transportation, as well as three kosher meals a day. Totally Jewish Travel was launched in 2001, and has become the definitive online guide to Jewish and Kosher vacation travel, with over 300 travel companies using the site to promote their international programs.
- Argentina Tourism: this company has created multiple different tours for the Jewish tourist. They range from single- to multi-day packages and can be exclusive to Buenos Aires or outside the city center.
- American Jewish World Service: this is a differerent type of travel, in that you are doing the trip to help other people out. As said in their words â€œâ€¦American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is an international development organization motivated by Judaismâ€™s imperative to pursue justice. AJWS is dedicated to alleviating poverty, hunger and disease among the people of the developing world regardless of race, religion or nationality. Through grants to grassroots organizations, volunteer service, advocacy and education, AJWS fosters civil society, sustainable development and human rights for all people, while promoting the values and responsibilities of global citizenship within the Jewish community.
- The Jewish Travel Directory: Welcome to the Jewish Travel Directory. They describe themselves as where you will find the best related websites in World. If you are looking for Jewish travel, they invite you to browse around their listings. They are sure you will find plenty of helpful items there. On the other hand, if you own or run a Jewish Travel website, or any other site with a travel- or vacation-related topic, you are invited to submit your Jewish travel URL for free.
These are a few examples of travel options for Jewish people wanting to experience South America. Shalom and Buen Viaje!